Monday, August 01, 2005

Caviar and champagne would have made it a doubles bid!

.
I just faxed some ballots to Kurt, as a template for the MHL. I stripped everything out of them except the times of the LD speeches. I figured, if they need to know how to judge, they can pick up our handy dandy judge instructions. This of course excludes the ever confusing "22 points = Excellent" issue.

I'll get to the Yale registration shortly. We will have to confirm, because room lists will be due at the hotel. The Speech monster is, coincidentally, rearing its forensic head, with Dave telling people to itemize their pieces. The only result I saw was a senior begging to be dropped from the list. It is ever thus.

O'C is promising a wonderful Big Bronx this year. Well, actually, he's promising good food, since he knows the two are synonymous as far as I'm concerned. I've always maintained that BB would be an octos bid in both policy and LD if only they had served more free shrimp cocktails during the wilderness years.

The new profile pic, if you don't know, is a still from HERO. This is one of the most gorgeous movies I have ever seen. You could watch it with the sound off and love it. It's also pretty good with the sound on...

No comments: