Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Help for parents

.
I'm sitting here looking at an advertisement for a book entitled "Protecting Your Teen from Today's Witchcraft." Finally, an aid for parents in rescuing their children from me.

Tonight is the coaches' dinner, about which more after it has been consumed. I have no idea who's coming other than O'C, and he may be going to the wrong restaurant, so I can't even vouch for him.

There's this software called OpenOffice (from openoffice.org) which I was seriously considering stuffing down Little Elvis's throat last night, but I changed my mind halfway through the download. Little E has Word in his PC mode and Appleworks in his OS mode, and if the latter doesn't suffice, then we're probably overdoing it. Of the 9,327 features of Microsoft Word (I use the OS version 11.1 in the office), I use 6, and really need only 3. My assumption is that keeping Little E thin will keep him swift, so I will resist the temptation to check out every piece of software that isn't nailed down. At least for now. Hell, I haven't even looked at half the software that came with the thing, and I swore up and down that I would do that before anything else. Which may keep me from EVER doing anything else, but that may not be a bad thing. Anyhow, I ported the Cur over last night to Little E's desktop and converted it to cwk. The new year has almost begun for real!

O'C tells me he's got my Voices Bump entry lined up. 1 down, 119 to go in LD. Speaking of which, I am seriously considering adding Pffft next year, if enough rooms open up after the construction settles down. Has it settled down? God only knows. I'll pop over there next week maybe and pick up some bus request forms and sniff around for signs of sawdust.

No comments: