Friday, July 29, 2005

Don't ask me

I have no idea what's happened to the Nostrumite. One minute he was there, the next minute his blog says he's on hiatus. He hasn't replied to my emails. I guess he's just snowed under putting together part two of TWHS. Who knows what evil lurks in the mind of Mites?

I really am trying to get my own self in gear. I'll polish up the MHL stuff next week and make all that official. There's a dinner some time in August among the northeast coaches to compare notes and generally socialize before the heat of battle begins. That'll be fun. We did it one time before when I was around, up in Newburgh. A swell time was had by all, and some important ideas were kicked around. Also I want to get more time on Caveman. I'm up to Paul Auster! After that there's meta narratives, critical theory, boilerplate K responses and then it's off to the printer (almost).

Fortunately alumni have been keeping me entertained. Michelle Carter is doing her residency before getting her license in January. I may not be ready to die yet, but when I do, it's nice to know I'll be toasted by an ex-debater (and I don't mean with a glass of wine). Burgers' blog is most entertaining. My own offspring is about to go around the world; we're planning her sendoff on Aug 14 at Zephs. Even Pip T. W. seems more sprightly these days. We're up to 8 ccs of insulin, and he's actually walking up and down the stairs like the old Pip. He's not exactly jumping 6 feet in the air anymore, but then again, who is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Given that my average is about 45 ccs, I'd say Pip is doing quite well.