Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Dell to Little Elvis: Drop dead!

.
Of course, if you weren't born when Gerald Ford was President, that headline won't be quite the piece of humor it's intended to be. But as McGrath always says, if you were smarter, I'd be funnier.

So Little Elvis will not power the Dell printer. When I looked at the Dell documentation, it quite clearly said that this baby would only run under Windows. Now it's not inconceivable that I could make it work through Virtual PC, but it doesn't seem worth the energy to try. And, oh, the HP 4P connects through those things called serial ports, which I don't seem to have on Little E. Now maybe I could find a connector of some sort, but I can probably buy a new printer for less money. And the Epson, as I reported earlier, works fine. So the printer experiment comes to a crashing halt. The fact that I can print TRPC stuff on the Epson with Little Elvis is all the comfort I really need.

I still haven't tried to sit Little E down at the Yamaha. Once I get over Caveman postpartum depression, I'll probably give it a try. My Garageband manual is almost bigger that Little Elvis and the box he rode in on! Not to mention the Yamaha software. An adventure waiting to happen...

No comments: