Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Sdrawkcab

.
All right. I got the resolution backwards in my mind. I really like that I was wrong. If the neg has to uphold democratic values, the neg can't critique democratic values. I think of it as a (probably unpremeditated) preemptive strike on the part of the wording committee. They should make it the law going forward. In all resolutions, if the affirmative must uphold a literally negative statement, then negatives must actually run a case (to wit, an affirmation) and "all I have to do is prove the resolution is not true" goes down the proverbials. Of course, affs must also run a case, because they can't respond to what hasn't been said yet.

It might end up being a lot like debate.

Last night I added a (rather punk) graphic to the MHL site, and linked the HH site to the MHL site through the graphic. This took a bit of time for some reason. Maybe because I work on both the PC and Little Elvis simultaneously these days. The PC mostly chugs along upgrading podcast subscriptions through iTunes. Anyone running the old original PC iPod understands the complexities of that. How slow can your computer go? Try it and find out. Meanwhile Little E and I groove along doing everything else.

Kurt has the MHL invoices going out. Everybody owes money; it's just a question of how much. I am so happy that I have nothing to do with that side of things.

I sent a bunch of research leads out yesterday on the listserver. One debater who will remain nameless complained that they didn't write the case for him. Jeesh. And I thought we would have been able to eliminate all the thinking on our end by visiting just the right websites. I was so wrong. (And no doubt he'll complain about this comment.)

And HoraceMan, the superhero with no superpowers, is apparently the only one going to Wake. I'm not surprised. It's a lot of energy and investment early in the year, especially with the energy and investment of Yale following so quickly on its heels. So I signed him up, anyhow. And I put signup deadlines for Monti and BB into the group calendar. I'm assuming that we will send oodle-loads to both, even if O'C is doing all the cooking himself (at both of them—he's pretending to be a parent at Monti just to practice his chops). Speaking of which, I wonder if it's safe to go back to the MI5 website. Last time I looked there were so many mocassins I was tempted to throw Little Elvis out the window, but I'd only do that it O'C were walking by at the opportune moment. Baudrillard was SOOOOOOO right about commerce and reality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'd only do that it O'C were walking by at the opportune moment."

Ouch! In more ways than one.