Friday, August 19, 2005

Who are these people?

.
I'm putting together a mailing list for the MHL. My starting point was my mailing list for Bump. Good gravy! There's a couple of hundred names, and I can identify maybe 3, and 2 of those are Lynne C's. I asked Kurt to add his names, and we'll send it out, I hope, the beginning of next week. After the delivery failures and the don't-darken-my-electronic-door-ever-again responses, we should whittle it down to a reasonable number.

The season slowly creeps toward us. I'm looking forward to a small chez next week, although no one has really confirmed. Ewok will just be getting off the gunboat from his camp, and Horace is still at his camp sewing moccasins, so who knows? Worst case scenario, I'll do some research. Although this new topic makes it pretty obvious what we can expect. Certain gonifs will drag out their democracy Ks, other gonifs will miss the whole point, and nine people on the entire east coast will actually debate the topic. Claire, who has strong feelings that all immigrants should be run into the ocean, was worried that her personal opinions might cloud her judgment. As if she'd actually get to hear people debating the topic! I'm seeing her next week, probably, so we can sort that out in person.

My next big chore is the Bump invite update, followed by organizing the meeting plan for the year, followed by meditating over the team appointments. Aside from putting NoShow in charge of Attendance, I really haven't figured any of it out yet. Speaking of which: Has NoShow moved out of the District? Would we know if he had?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you loved you appearance on VBD's "Crystallize." Somehow, while putting the Big Bronx info up on the Joy of Tournaments web site and making essential updates to our camp coverage, I was able to find the time to locate that perfect picture for the column.