Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Coaches begin annual fasting period

.
That might explain it. I have no other explanation. Last night's gala coaches dinner was cancelled. I don't really know why, so I won't hypothesize. (Far be it from me to make stuff up.) It's too bad, though. It is nice to get together with folks socially to talk about what's going on in our little world. I'm sure it will happen at some point. It's a good idea and everyone benefits from it.

I am now rooked into writing the piece for Rostrum. I'm going to talk about resolution brainstorming. I do believe that one of our strengths as a team is our knowledge of resolutions, and God knows, the more people arguing the resolution, the better for all of us. I'll no doubt work it out here, or at least post it here (I mean, who among us reads Rostrum other than me). It's due 10/1, but I'll probably write it next week, since I'm off from work. I know what to say, mostly. It's just a matter of saying it.

For anyone thinking as far ahead as the end of October, the Manchester invitation is out. I, for one, AM thinking as far ahead as October. As a matter of fact, I've put in for all the necessary vacation days for the rest of this calendar year. As always, I'll go to Monticello, Bronx, Newburgh and Little Lex. And Bump. Pretty much all of the other weekends are Saturday Ls of the MH or CF persuasion. As far as Manchester is concerned, it's a possibility, the first, for some of us to try a little Pffft, given that there's a 5-LDer limit. The only thing is, there are so many debate alternatives that weekend that the need to go Manching may not be all that strong, or not so strong that some of the team pair up and pffft just to visit the home of the albino bagel. We'll see. In any case, I will devote a little time to prepping on the Oct Pffft topic, just for the hell of it. We've got nothing to lose, assuming that it's an interesting enough topic.

Which reminds me, I need to note the possibility of Pffft in the Cur. Tomorrow. Tonight, the first chez, which for all I know will be attended only by the Endorian, who believes so strongly in unmitigated rights for all that he may just teleport himself into Nov-Dec. (Hmmm. Pffft. The Cur. Chez. Endorian. I'll bet the readership of this blog, if any, wishes that more of it were in English.)

No comments: