Friday, August 26, 2005

The Day the Earth Stood Still is hardly obscure

.
Jeesh! Doesn't anybody see movies made before last Wednesday? (This is in response to a comment, below. Comments get mailed to my Yahoo account, so they float like dynamited herring on a sea of Nigerian spam, if you can follow the metaphor.)

Updates:

Finished a rough draft of the Bump invite. We're almost there. When I have it, I'll update the site and link to it out of here, but I won't bother annoying the world at large until maybe the end of September. It's not as if everyone doesn't know it's the same weekend as always, the same food, the same jokes, the same crappy prizes. Come to think of it, I didn't mention CPs in the invite. But I probably won't. Not that the CP closet isn't now totally filled to capacity. I couldn't fit another book on Portuguese fly fishing no matter how hard I tried. That special O'C prize has sunk to the back somewhere. Oh, well. It should turn up before December.

Barnes seems to be shaking his head in despair over all my LDEP comments. He must be wishing he'd never asked my opinion, since whatever it is, I'm against it, and I'm about as consistent as some really inconsistent thing that I'm too dull to think of since I'm all worn out after that herring analogy.

The Vascar RR (i.e., O'C) sent out its participant list, which needs to be ranked. I passed it to Ewok. I haven't heard of any of these people (including Ewok and O'C). But Vascar was fun the one time I went, and I'm sure our Endorian will enjoy it.

I had lunch with CLG yesterday, and we argued about the topic. My mind is now clear. Her objection to the aff is that people should not be treated differently: We shouldn't treat immigrants differently than citizens if there's a suspicion of evil-doing. To which, I think, the answer is obvious. Although, of course, I must point out that she is right. So we may be on the road to an aff here, folks. Thank God for ex-debaters. We also talked about the one reason she continues to judge for us: YDKJ. I do have one old iteration I've never launched, but it will require loading Classic OS onto Little Elvis. I understand Classic is on one of the disks in the packing box; if you want it, you've got to load it yourself. I used to have to use Classic in the office, and it was pretty sturdy, although word on the street is that it's not very stable. Well, we'll see. I have until, oh, Lexington, to make it work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be much more fun this time -- you should make a cameo!