Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"I survived the Bump tournament"

.
Kate, who is literally on her way to Thailand at the moment, i.e., somewhere over the Pacific Ocean reading Harry Potter VI, made a remarkable discovery in the attic before she left. Somehow she managed to uncover about half a dozen old "I survived the Bump tournament" tee shirts. These amazing pieces of couture are black with white writing, and there is the suggestion of a bump at the word Bump. I've already got one, of course. I wear it often, but always under another shirt so no one can see it. The reason I still have mine is that I haven't thrown away a wearable item of clothing since the Carter Administration. But that's just me.

I wonder what I should do with these things. They are beyond crappy prizes. They apotheosize the concept of crappy prizes. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Speaking of Bump, some schmegeggie just e-mailed me that he wants to judge. His credentials look fine, aside from my suspicion that he's part of the O'C posse. I like people who plan ahead, but I'm not quite ready to open the Bump books just yet. I thought I'd get the invitation written first.

And last night I finished the MHL website. It is to websites as Wonder Bread is to the Napoleon. That is, it is of the vanilla persuasion. I'm hoping that eventually I can pass management and design of the site to someone with the time and skills to make it sing. Or even hum. I've managed, at most, to put it on life support and feed it through a tube. But, it should get the job done. http://www.geocities.com/mhldebate/index.html if you want to take a look.

No comments: