Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Pups

So what else happened?

Well, my favorite thing was discovering the game where you have to come up with only three purchases (excluding lubricants and contraceptives) guaranteed to freak out the cashier at Walmarts. This is the sort of thing that can engage the sick mind for quite some time, and there are a lot of sick minds in tab rooms.

I was having trouble sending attachments (which I later discovered to be because of a setting in my mail program), so I took to walking things over to JV, who was working on the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes, for teams big on speech, are important. Sweepstakes, for teams big on debate, are some damned thing for teams big on speech. Still, at a lot of places it's important to include sweepstakes awards, and the Pups is one of those places. In one of my runs over to speech tab, Catholic Charlie told me that he had finally taken to reading CL, and he thanked me profusely for not treating him badly. As if I would say something untoward about anyone in the forensics business...

I like working with the same school representatives year after year. Continuity is important, especially when you have good people you can rely on. You like seeing them again the next year. The Pups is definitely of that persuasion. They also kept us pretty well fed, picking up shawarma at Bob's Deli (really) and nice sandwiches from Atticus, keeping us fueled up for the weekend. No cold drinks, though. As they said at the concession table, the only cold thing that they had was pizza.

As usual, I took a quick art tour before things started with my two lone lorn Pffft creeturs (who, by the way, acquitted themselves admirably in the competition). The gallery was being redone somehow, but a goodly batch of the art was still on display. They do have a little bit of everything. I'm not sure the Sailors appreciated it, but my feeling is, the more you put them in front of a Manet, the better the world will be for it. They weren't particularly taken with Claire's, the vegetarian Mexican place though. They did, however, appreciate that the amount of beans on the plate was copious. You can't have too many beans before a debate tournament!

Mostly it was an uneventful weekend, to tell you the truth. This coming weekend is the MHL workshop, which is shaping up nicely. I'll actually get to sleep in my own bed all weekend. Gotta love a home event.

1 comment:

Palmer said...

Bow & arrow set, apple, blindfold.