Monday, September 17, 2012

Important update on the Village People!

When I put the Village People in the subject line of a recent post, I more that tripled the normal CLreadership. When I examined this closely, everything else about the post was the same old boring nonsense. So, in an effort to increase traffic, from now on it’s Village People subject lines every time. If it takes guys dressed like gay icons to increase my readership, so it goes. (But how come the gay guys I know don’t dress like any kind of icons, gay or otherwise? They obviously just don’t understand the whole gay thing.)

I don’t know if I mentioned that I got a new MacBook at the DJ. Thing goes really fast, and it’s not particularly souped up. One wonders about computers going even faster. I mean, once you’re running at lickety-split, lickety-split plus two doesn’t exactly get the eyes to light up. That’s all of a piece with the fact that I’ve gone off my latest technolust of an Air. When shush comes to pove, it’s not that much lighter than the MacBook I already have, and I don’t travel all that much, and while it’s nice for a crush, I wouldn’t want to go through a messy divorce in order to marry it. I’m also standing pat on the iPhone 4 for a while, because while I’m sure the new one is cuter and younger, the one I have that’s already paid for (so much for the marriage metaphor, I think) is still plenty productive. Come to think about it, I’m not looking to buy much of anything these days, except maybe a photo printer. Technolusts come and go; one needs to be careful about succumbing to them.

As one might expect, business is heating up over the Pups. I sent out my plea for more MJPing last night, and got at least one reply (of the “explain more,” not of the stfu, variety). I’ve gotten the conflicts on the hireds from Diana and I’ll toss them into the system tonight. A couple of people have asked me questions I can’t answer about tournament mechanics, and I’ve passed them along. I see that we’re at the Mr. Ed* school on Friday night, but at Hell House on Saturday. Whatever. I prefer HH, especially for Saturday, so I won’t complain. Mr. Ed wasn’t terrible, but I hated that it was between the campus and the hotel; very wrong for organizational purposes of team and dinner and so forth. This year, with no LDers of my own, I only have to worry that the Sailors find their way from PF to bus. They won’t be alone, so I won’t worry too much. Just text me like it’s going out of style so that I don’t worry. It’s the worry that gets you every time.

*Any school with the name Wilbur in it is going to be Mr. Ed to people of a certain age, and is going to be pronounced Will-brrr-errr-errr and nothing can be done about it. Similarly, if I were taking a hike and happened across, simultaneously, a moose and a squirrel, I would have no choice but to report this in the accent of Boris Badenov. We are the products of our time.

No comments: