Monday, April 03, 2006

Ship 'em off to States

So I put together this elaborate schematic of who's going where and how on Friday, and sent it off to both the debate and Speecho-American listservers, plus a different version to the school. There's this whole song and dance about kids driving with someone else that has to be adjudicated, but I think I've covered all the bases. According to the Schoolboard Super, there's a form for such gallivanting, but when we sent our crack hardware engineer into the high school to find it he came up emptyhanded. No one had ever heard of such a thing, although they did, of course, expect us to hand it in a week in advance.

I love high school.

The Biz lecture is completed. Now all I have to do is record it. The microphone is still in the box, but I've downloaded the html manual for Audition, which seems to run fine on Little Elvis, so I'm ready to go. The first thing they say is to buy a better microphone, but I'll get around to that at some future date.

I've got a number of people signed up for the NFA RR, but the New Burgers are a little less than lightening-fast at answering emails, so I'm not quite sure how many we can send, or even what the topic is. But at least we've got 3 judges, so assuming I'll send one novice and one jayveer, we're more than set. As soon as I find out when to arrive and how much it's going to cost, that is. And if there's mini-golf. You might be of the paintball persuasion, but if you look up mini-golf in the dictionary they've got my picture.

I looked at all the novice cases, and made some comments, and saw some revises in the box, so things are progressing on that front. Because of the band concert Tuesday (Jolly Tar forensicians have always been inexplicably yet inevitably as attracted to Sousaphones as they are to Kant), we're having the ship-off chez on Wednesday. After that, they're on their own.

Maybe I should point them to the Albany venue song on the TMBG website to sort of get them in the mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

said form can be found in the athletic director's office :-D...that's what u get for not asking me :-p