Friday, April 07, 2006

Audacity

I've been calling the recording program Audition. It's Audacity. I stand corrected, now that I've actually played around with it. I plugged in the mic and did Apple's input level stuff, then did a few recording tests. You've got to watch out for certain sounds sounding like bumps (Ps and Ts, for example) and you've got to watch volume levels, but a little trial and error pointing the microphone here and talking there, and next thing you know, you've got liftoff. After about half an hour I had managed to record, edit, save as an mp3, and generally feel enormously satisfied with myself. The big question, given the probable size of these files, is hosting. I figured how to get them on my site (not as easy as that sounds, because mp3s aren't a natural upload, presumably because they don't want anyone P2Ping Celine Dion unless they first figure out how to set the MIME controls in Linux, a wise choice on their part, no doubt, if they're trying to exclude Grandma Moses—this wasn't exactly the riddle of the sphinx). But is my site the best place? I also found a podcast hosting site, so I'll study that too. In any case, now it's just a matter of doing it. I should have Business up in a week or so. Apres that, le deluge (S&S).

And here's the deal. You would appreciate the Baud more if he got his facts straight. You're dueling Disneys with a master here, mon-see-ure. The man was cremated. Cooked. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. There is no Walt Disney corpsicle waiting to be defrosted on the date Mickey enters the public domain or whenever. You can forgive Baudie the Tasaday, though, because they weren't exposed until after S&S was published. Still, how much faith can you have in a "philosopher" whose premises are not only dimly coherent at best, but often based on dis- or misinformation? Anyhow, he seems to feel that the parking lot is the best part of Disneyland, in that pomo way of his. I guess he just found the line for Space Mountain too long. Or maybe he just couldn't get Minnie's signature in his autograph book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time I was at Walt Disney World, I couldn't get Pocahontas's signature. :o(

But I DID get Cinderella's, and Snow White's, and Princess Aurora's, and Belle's, and Mulan's, and Aladdin's, and Prince Charming's, and the Beast's, and...


...and, yeah.

Anonymous said...

haha, i love jon cruz

Anonymous said...

haha, i love jon cruz