Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Project X

Well, it's simple enough. Go to the new podcast page on my website and it's clear as day. (There's also a new tag over on the right.) First of all, there will be, as promised, occasional lectures that don't fit into the normal Sailors experience. The first one is already up, a basic treatise on business. It's not that exciting, but it's useful enough in its way. If nothing else, I got a chance to practice making recordings. It's a little less in quality than I eventually came up with, but I did learn the basics when all was said and done. Next, there will be a unit on Baudrillard, plus a revisiting of Caveman. Other modern folk will follow. I'll announce them here as they are posted.

Additionally, there are performances of Nostrum. Egads! says you? Egads indeed. I have worked it out with the Mite, who was quite happy to see (or hear) that the old material would be made available to a new generation of forensicians. To make life as simple as possible, the episodes will be made available for subscription through iTunes; the first two are already up. (I am so pleased with myself for making this happen.) More will follow, as I get them recorded. It takes longer than you think, but I'm happy to report that, while they're not exactly Olivier, they're not terrible. If you are new to Nostrum, please do start at the beginning. That's where Jules and the Mite started. This epic has maybe a little more complexity than War and Peace, so once you sign up, prepare to go for the long haul.

And that is Project X.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your podcasts are awesome.

On an unrelated note, I think I'm going to buy the Firefly DVD set. Just because you seem to endorse it so heavily.