Saturday, April 29, 2006

364 days until TOC 2007

Whoa! Internet access! Who knew?

I haven't checked over at WTF about what's happening here, because I'm here myself. (Reality preceding the media and all that.) What you need is all the news that doesn't fit on WTF, eh?

Everyone has blocked O'C, but I've been judging up a storm. (All right, I judged round 1 and O'C didn't, but still, I'm way ahead of him.) According to Menick's theory of blockage, which says that the more you're blocked, the more you judge because the program tries to place the blockees first, this bodes ill for lots of free time as the weekend progresses.

Thanks to the early afternoon flight, HoraceMan and I arrived earlier than usual yesterday, which meant a line at registration (where was E Rin when you need her?) and lots of people hugging each other like long lost family members. I successfully managed a light wave at one or two people, which for me is about as much personal space as I was willing to devote to my fellow wizards, if you get my drift. After the lovefest, we went off to Jalapeno's, the usual Friday night haunt, which had people lined up to Oregon. So, plan B, we went to the other Mexican restaurant, and had virtually the same meal with no lines. Meanwhile, the evil Lexington team was ensconced at Jalapeno's. No doubt at our table. The dogs!

After dinner there was a casual meeting of the Legion of Doom. Mostly it was Smilin' J working on what to present to the committee today, then a conversation with the California Op about burdens and debate theory, then a Frogger walk home back to the motel. No tectonic plates were noticed to have moved.

Craig and I have been arguing about how many people read this blog. Here's my response to him, since I believe that there's about 3 of you, and 1 of you is a spalpeen and the other 1 is Craig. Honk if you read this blog. I'm sitting right here. Buy me a cup of coffee. Palm me a twenty dollar bill. Pat me on the back and say, love your stuff, Bubba. Hmmmm.....better yet, just give me a light wave; that'll do. I'll measure the audience by how many light waves I get before the weekend is over.

You would love to see all these people all dolled up, btw. JoVan looks like George W. Bush at a state dinner. O'C looks like the headwaiter at a really fancy simulacrum of a restaurant. I look happy as a clamdigger in a Mickey Mouse polo shirt. Aaaahhhh. Sometimes being a dinosaur has its advantages.

I did venture out to try to find Professors Coyne and Averill over at Pffftland, but I got lost. If I get another round off--what's the odds of that--I'll try again after lunch.

Don't you just love TOCs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff, sweety!!