Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I took a night off, Jeesh.

I started Monday working on Caveman again. It takes a while to get back into the swing of this stuff, you know? Derrida? Qu'est-ce que c'est un Derrida? But I'll put the nose to the grindstone (mettez avec les travails) and work every night (tous les nuits) until I am finished (voila le kaputski).

But I did take last night off to see Charlie. I really liked it, although I agree that the Wonka backstory was unnecessary. Not painful, just extraneous. But the wonderful O-L material trumped it in spades. Depp was fine, but not crucial; probably plenty of other people could have done it, and while it would have been differently weird, it still would have been weird, which is fine. And sign me up for the Corpse Bride now. Pure Burtonania, from the looks of it in the preview.

I've added the Burgers blog to my recommendeds. I like that you can see the music he's been stealing/playing/whatever with iTunes. As he says, it forces him to up his taste level. No more of that Celine Dion stuff, for starters. Since I've got a PC iPod (back when it was one or the other; I don't know if that's still the case) I'm keeping music pretty much off of Little Elvis for the time being. Although mostly I've been grabbing podcasts (and was before iTunes jumped on the bandwagon—I dread uploading yet another upgrade of iTunes and losing yet another ton of previously uploaded music).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a rare thing for someone to steal a movie from Mr. Depp. But I think Deep Roy may have done it.