Friday, July 22, 2005

Mr. Roberts

.
I've spent a lot of time trying to get a fix on our next Supreme Court Justice. I have no doubt that he will be confirmed, and little doubt that he will be confirmed bloodlessly. Maybe I'm just being a polyanna, but I sort of feel that, given who's in the White House these days, Roberts may be the best we could have hoped for. Thank God Bush is anti stem cell research! Those pesky scientists probably would have cloned Thomas by now (Bush's favorite justice) and we'd have Clarence II on the bench.

I've heard from various people about various things. O'Cruz is in Vegas recovering from VBI, I really like Burgers' blog (and Boing Boing, to which he directed me indirectly), and Mere de Biftek thinks I have too much bile, while Video Noah seems to have completely dropped off the face of the earth. I also heard from the Nostrumite last night, who is in a state of permanent depression over the ending of session one at VBI. "The profundity is gone," he wrote me, and I could just see him shaking his head. I know what he means. You can't imagine how excited I was checking in every day to see how the Instituters were doing. Oh, wait a minute. That wasn't me. Anyhow, he almost didn't make it, what with the air of loss and all, but the Mite claims he was going to post a new TWHS episode this morning. Something about the end of Part One, whatever that means. I dont' know; if you want details, deal with him directly.

No comments: