Saturday, July 16, 2005

Claire's ahead so far

The Epson installed without anything other than popping in the USB. I haven't tried the other printers yet, but I will, if only to prove Claire wrong (which is never easy to do, on the best of days).

Virtual PC took all day, and then it told me my version of Windows was unacceptable. Humbuggery!

Ion hard drive fine once I disconnected it from the PC (which connects through the FireWire). It doesn't like to do two things at once. Neither does my modem, so I understand the conflict. I don't condone it, but I understand it.

iPhoto slide shows make me dizzy. I think I prefer Space Mountain. The French one. For getting dizzy that is, not for viewing photos.

Appleworks reads all my Word docs. Although I do have copies of Office, when I get around to it. I'm starting to get interested in actually using the computer rather than setting it up, so I may hold off on that for a while.

Poker runs niftily. I came in second, so I'm ahead about $500. Wouldst that it were real money.

This report brought to you by another happy Apple user.

Microsoft sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, sir, look like you could use some of my shameless self-promotion.

Seriously though, go look. There's some good free software in there.

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with Office; it (and IE) are the only things that have ever made my powerbook crash (not the OS, though, don't be silly).

Keep me posted on the printer situation. I love being right, but I'm interested to know about the last one...

The ability to connect to the internet without work is what sold me on the things; I turned it on, popped in the OSX disk, and it was like "hello, I see a wireless network. I'd like to connect to it, if you don't mind?"

It took me 3 weeks to wirelessly connect my windows machine to anything. No joke.

-CLG

Anonymous said...

btw, have you finished book 6 yet? Holy Mother of God.
-CLG