Friday, July 15, 2005

So far

So far I've connected to the Internet. You may not think this is a big deal. I think this is bloody amazing. Next, I'll see what works printerwise (my money is fifty fifty on Claire with this; maybe the Epson will work, definitely the HP, probably not the Dell).

This thing is amazingly fast, compared even to my office PowerBook (which has to go through all sorts of Digestian conniptions when it does anything). Forget comparisons to the PC; there aren't any.

Meanwhile, life goes on for other people. I heard from the Nostrumite first thing when I got connected today; his radar is better than Optonline's, for pete's sake. He just posted a new TWHS, but he apparently almost didn't make it this week. He's in a state of permanent depression over the lack of forensics over the summer. He's not teaching at any institutes because he wasn't sure what would be up with Odelie so early in the marriage (she might actually want him around for a while for some reason), so he's mostly moping, taking the Nostrumutt on long walks and wishing it was September. I tell him to log on to OMG, but he refuses. Says he's protecting his sanity. I wish I had his fortitude. Ever since I saw that picture of me I wonder what else they've got there. Pictures of my mother? Liz? Pip? Knowing O'Cruz, I wouldn't put it past them.

No comments: