Thursday, July 21, 2005

Thank God for erasers

.
Our story so far:

We're trying to put together an MHL schedule. Keep in mind that Bergenfield no longer exists as a hosting entity, so that opens up one or two weekends, as they had a regular invitational and the 2-day MHL.

Lakeland has declared for the Manchester/Regis weekend. Now there's a traffic jam for you.

Scarsdale has declared for the old Lakeland weekend (the new old weekend, not the old old weekend).

The weekend after Big Bronx will become an MHL weekend, probably somewhere in Jersey, concurrent with a college fair (which should make it of interest to juniors and seniors who'd be judging).

There's a new weekend opened up in January (the old old Lakeland and the old Scarsdale).

Anyone want to take one of these weekends? We could have an MHL at Craig's new house. Or maybe at Horace Mann! My theory is that any open weekend ought to have an MHL, especially when there's the threat of weather, which always strikes once or twice a year. The more rounds people have starting out the better, and that's the underlying philosophy of MHL, to give rounds to newer folk.

I posted a tentative starting point for the MHL main folk to evaluate and comment, not that there's all that much new or revolutionary about it. After that, I'll post the stuff for the world at large. Can't do anything for a while, at least till O'Cruz gets back from Vegas. He's taken the VBI profits and investing it all on the Klingon slot machines at the Hilton. Every time he rolls he mumbles, "Make it so" under his breath. Of course, Doohan's death has probably stopped him dead in his tracks. Next thing you know, Big Bronx will be at the Luxor. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had access to profits to bankroll my nerdy excursions, but alas, I do not. I did, however, have a lucky nickel that won me a couple of hundred dollars this morning!

I'll spare you the details of my spa excursion...for now. That'll be up with the other 4920420 retroactive posts that I need to upload on my own blog.