Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's here

.
The toy has arrived. I am happy as a clam.

It's an iBook, a twelve-incher. I have been lusting after this for quite a while. I use a Mac in the office, and much prefer the speed and efficiency of the Mac OS to the perfidy of XT. If it weren't for TRPC, I probably wouldn't bother with PCs at all. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping to use the PC emulation software to bypass the PC entirely, but this may be pipe dreams on my part. In any case, nothing brings joy like spending a lot of money on something you only marginally need!

Of course, there's all the setting up to do. Getting it to work with my cable modem, getting the various printer drivers installed, plus a couple of other things, like my poker game. Should take a couple of days, just spinning the disks. And then, the road warrier will emerge. Stand back, world. (And yes, it's got 10.4. Where's my hula dancer?)

In a way, it's a miracle this arrived at all. Don't get me started on FedEx. Is it just me, or does the idea of delivering a package to one of the largest publishers in the world strike you as the sort of thing that would be right up their alley? Bah! The spalpeens! I mean, I managed to save a few bucks through the employee discount, but there was enough aggro that I would have been better off just trucking down to the Westchester and doing it all myself. The telephone calls were classic. Somehow their inability to deliver was my fault. Like I was hiding the building, some Sigfried and Roy deal where I made all 500 acres disappear? Jeesh. Anyhow, no point continuing to rake the coals. It's here. We're done. Tonight I'll start outlining MHL 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You completely do not need to install printer drivers on a Mac! Bah! It'll print without your interference, thankyouverymuch.

That's the beauty of the damn things.

-CLG