Friday, August 16, 2013

Writin' Friday

Oh, it’s that day of the week again.

Debate Etc. is updated and freshly skinned. Articles on Feminist Perspectives on Rape, J.S. Mill on having some people’s votes count more than others, torture vis-à-vis Zero Dark Thirty, Pinker’s controversial article on Scientism, and, as we like to say, so much more.

When you’re done with that, you should read The House on Summer Street. I mean, it’s a nice weekend, and what else are you going to read on the beach? You don’t need a Kindle to read it, of course. The Kindle software runs on iPads, PCs, toasters, washing machines and electric toothbrushes, and, again, so much more. The book is cheap. What’s stopping you?

Meanwhile, my handlers have told me that I can obliquely refer to a new project that I have begun, that is in fact something of an old project. At the rate I’m going, it should be finished by Christmas, which will mean for many people another holiday ruined, but I can’t be responsible for everything bad in your life.

Non-Menick recommendation of the week: Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton. Epic space opera, if that's your cup of tea.

No comments: