Thursday, August 01, 2013

Go!

Well, I managed to get on the waitlist for Big Bronx, but that was because last night at midnight I was asleep. Obviously no one else in the debate community was. O’C says this timing is to generate Lucas-type midnight-opening debate season excitement. Which makes me wonder if he’s seen the last few Lucas films, where the excitement ended, if I’m not mistaken, about three minutes after the opening credits.

Meanwhile, I’d forgotten that the event cap for LD is 200. Who the hell wants to tab a division with 200 people? And MJP?

Oy.

Meanwhile I’m looking to get a room list for the Pups to start massaging that wait list. I managed to get on their w/l too, and I thought that it was all waitlist but maybe not. Doesn’t matter. It will sort itself out. We’ve got a month and a half, after all. Pups LD is at the building closest to the hotel, which is perfectly fine, but it means that I don’t pass through the campus for anything, like Starbucks, which does slow the morning down a tad. Oh, well. It gives the odd traveling Pup a worthy chore.

Oh, yeah. It turns out we’ve got two Sailor Speecho-American alums in local colleges. There’s a certain frabjousness to that…

Anyhow, I’ve been complaining for months how I miss debate, and all of a sudden I’m knee deep in it again.

Let the games begin.

No comments: