Monday, August 05, 2013

Debate Etc.

As I promised last week, a little something new.

I’ve been seeing articles on the interwebs that I've wanted to pass along since the creation of articles. Most recently, I’ve mostly used the Coachean Feed posts here to get the job done, but that’s just the latest in a long line of attempts, some more successful than others.

Now I’ve got a different venue, but from my point of view, no more complicated than any of the others (and in some way a little easier). Flipbook, which if I’m not mistaken started as an iPad app, now allows you to create your own magazines (or, more specifically, your own flipbook), which you can pass along on the interwebs to anyone, regardless of whether they’re users of the app. And you don’t need an iPad to do it.

In a burst of amazing inspiration, I’ve called it Debate Etc. because it’s articles that have relevancy for the debate community. They’re presented without comment from me, but the format is intrinsically attractive enough to pull you in if you’re interested in the subject. I’ll be adding to it whenever I see something worth adding, but I’ll put out reminders once a week, as if it were a regular magazine. Once the resolutions are released, there will be relevant articles about them as well. Otherwise, the general themes will be basic issues of justice and law, feminism, race, rights—all that good stuff, from various sources.



Give it a try. And if you find nothing of interest this time, come back again in a week. It only takes a second to flip through it, and you might find it rewarding. And, of course, pass it around. The link is http://flip.it/af6Zk

No comments: