Friday, March 01, 2013

We'll always have Paris

More weird computer stuff. There is one entry on the TVFT blog that gets a comment every day. It’s some sort of spam, but when I go to the site to delete it, the comment isn’t there, even though I’m getting notified via email that a comment has been made. It’s always the same post that gets the comment, but that may be simply because it’s the most recent one. Weird. I just flipped off comments for that post, which I assume will end it, but what’s really interesting is that the comment has never been there, even immediately after the notifications. Go fig.

I’m thinking of doing the prefs at State as ordinals. That is, everyone ranks the judges from 1 to whatever, and we try to get as close as we can to mutuality in the pairings. I don’t know if it’s feasible with a small field, but it can’t be any less feasible than normal MJP. I’m sounding out CP on this; maybe he’s had experience with it.

I realize that, after next weekend, I can take the printer out of my car and make room for murdered gangsters or whatever else I want to transport until Yale comes along again next season. Transporting groceries would be nice, but at the moment we don’t have a lot of room at the chez to put anything, since our almost redesigned kitchen doesn’t have any cabinets yet. Soon, I am told. Soon.

The daughter is off with the husband this weekend in Paris. I checked the weather, and it’s colder there than it is here, so I don’t think they’ll be able to flaner as much as one might like, but still, who doesn’t love Paris in the winter, when it drizzles? (I’ll be heading there in June, when it sizzles.) We met up last weekend in Manhattan, and she is nearly back to normal, except she can’t lift any hundred-pound weights on the one side. Probably can't lift them on the other side either, come to think of it. Despite having a certain amount of hardware now permanently sewn in under the skin to hold her together, she did not, as feared, set off any alarms getting through airport security. As I write this she’s probably all moules frites and Chablis and Monet and gypsy guitar music. I was thinking of bringing home Chinese food. Not quite the same thing. Vive la France.

No comments: