Thursday, March 21, 2013

Virtual Beans 5

Three more categories:

I'll name the characters, you name the musical. The Sailors got all 3:
  • Conrad, Albert, Rosie
  • Jean, Marius, Fontine
  • Skimbleshanks, Jennyanydots, Rumpleteazer
Ikea meatballs (AKA horses):
  • What did Secretariat, Seattle Slew and Affirmed do that is very rare? (Not a clue.)
  • Who is the author of Black Beauty? ("I read that seven times." Pause. "There was a horse in it?" Lifeline was drawn and failed.)
  • Who was Bucephalus? (They didn't know, but spent about six hours not knowing it.)
  • What's a farrier? (Panivore, Jr., could, and did, answer this in his sleep. I'm not sure why he was sleeping, though.)
  • What is the source of the phrase "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts"? (Frankly, I was looking for the author, but with this group, I accepted the general idea.)
And famous pairs. I provided one, they provided the other. Or not:
  • Siegfried and ... (Got it.)
  • Butthead and ... (Got it, of course.)
  • Gilbert and ... (Glazed expression.)
  • Jake Blues and ... (Well, they at least knew it was a relative, but not the name.)
  • Bertie Wooster and ... (I would not have accepted House, but then again, nothing but blank stares were offered.)
  • Pyramus and ... (This was known, surprisingly enough.)
  • Heloise and ... (Even when I told them the answer, the stares remained blank. I kept my "Ouch" jokes to myself.)

No comments: