Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I can feel the tingle of the new season...

Professor Miller makes a rather preemptive argument in his comment to my ramblings about music. iTunes in the Cloud for $25 bucks a year is a pretty cheap backup. I hate the thought of my music being eaten alive, but in technology, if it has happened, it can happen. I do backup to Time Machine, but only everything excluding my music, for reasons too confused to explain. I guess I see the path before me.

One thing that's missing from the new tabroom.com is a way to do an email blast to a membership of a group, as in, the MHL. CP is working on it (or at least he says he knows it isn't there, which I'm interpreting as the same thing). I'm ready to remind people that the workshop is coming on September 29, and to point out that it should be really good because in addition to the usual suspects we'll also have Brother T with us. For those who don't know who that is, I do not mean that Mr. T's brother will be with us, but that Kevin Tidd will be with us. You may recognize the top of his head from the lectures he gives on PF topics for the NFL. (He's also going to be doing Yale with us, probably in LD. We have obviously found a way to lure this poor unfortunate soul over to the Dark Side.) Anyhow, I'll get everything ready, including the agenda and the signup on tabroom, and be ready when the time comes.

Speaking of Yale, that damned thing is chock full. I've already gotten people asking about the waitlist, but I'm figuring that that should be handled for all divisions by one person, viz., JV, to coordinate schools across events. Unfortunately, he and Mrs. Vaughan (a reference which will be familiar to those who follow him on Facebook) are traveling the West Coast at the moment, and he is wisely avoiding business for a while. Lucky #*&^@%$#! By the way, if you're looking to judge at Yale, the Pups are looking to hire. Diana Li is in charge of those proceedings.

With some nudging from the Panivore, I'm doing a little barbecue for the alums next Wednesday. If you are an alum and will be in town, let me know. I'll also have, as far as I can tell, one poor JV Pffffter. The topic comes out that day, 8/15, and we can spend three minutes telling him everything we collectively know about it. Oh, yeah. Despite the nudging, the Panivore isn't coming. She claims prior engagements. I claim that she's afraid that she'll actually like my macaroni and cheese and never be able to eat a KCD again.



No comments: