Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Debate is dead in America

Oh, wait a minute. Maybe not. Registration opened today for Big Bronx and Yale and it must have taken almost twenty minutes before both of them filled up. Incroyable!

I was worried that the new improved tabroom.com wouldn’t be up to the job, but it performed admirably. My understanding is that things went so well that O’C never moved away from the slot machines all night (he’s out in Vegas for a big NFL meeting that they didn’t invite me to, but, uh, well, uh...). The hiccups I saw tended to be mostly because of the way things had been set up by the tournaments, not by CP. Which means, of course, that he’s just sitting around and gloating. Feh!

I do have to admit that it’s taking me a while to navigate the new tabroom. It’s much more attractive that the previous iteration, but things aren’t necessarily where I left them. But I’ll get used to it after around the twentieth tournament. Meanwhile, things are now on the move, it is August 1, and the season has begun. Let the games begin!

Next up: remind people of the MHL Workshop. Brother Kevin is joining the MHL this year, which is nice for warm bodies, and also means that he’ll help at the workshop. CP is also tentatively signed up. Very nice again. There has also been a flurry of new programs popping up in the region over the summer, which is also very nice, provided they aren’t replacing programs that have gone toes up on us. I haven’t heard of any big changes, though. We usually have to wait until the Pups when we can collect all the gossip on who’s back, who’s new, who joined the Foreign Legion, who had a sex change operation, etc. As far as the schedule is concerned, every weekend looks about the same, except for the traffic jams in October and January, but they affect local rather than circuit tournaments.

I have yet to hear from my PFers that they are going to do Yale. I’ll give ‘em till the resolution comes out, because if they don’t start working right away, they’ll be lost. We’ve got Speecho-Americans up the wazoo, though, a very strong looking contingent. I’m thinking a big year for Sailors in the IE business.

No comments: