Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back in the saddle again

Last week we were out and about, in the Adirondacks for a while, then at Mohonk. I might get around to talking about these eventually, but to be honest, things have been a little hectic at the DJ catching up, not to mention the NJ (Night Job, i.e., debate) catching up. I'll be slow to get these posts cranking again. Some of you may not complain about that, I know, but there's no accounting for taste.

I have been working on the Bump invite, but got distracted with one thing or another. I'd like to get it online by next week. Almost there. Everything has to be shifted back to the old mode, plus there's changes in the novice schedule, etc., etc., etc. Also, I was having bizarre FTP access problems that now seem to be solved, but I sort of jump from rock to rock as quickly as possible to cross that particular creek, and never know exactly if I'm on firm footing. There's a million ways to update pages, fortunately, but when you want to post something over a megabyte, then FTP is it. What I had that was over a megabyte eludes me at the moment, but it must have been something...

I looked back at the Pups invite and realized that the changes I had proposed to JV hadn't gotten through, so I sent them again. For one (big) thing, it's six rounds, not seven. We learned that two years ago, when the idea of a seventh round started a palace revolution. And rightly so. 6 and a runoff is a much better idea, if possible. And at college tournaments, it's possible.

Also scaring up people for Tigger tab, although mostly we'll just go with last year's team. Might make a couple of changes though, here and there. For one thing, I'll do more hands on with LD; there was no reason for me not to, and I can just twiddle my thumbs for so long...

And finally, a meeting tonight at the chez to talk about assault weapons. This one is going to have to take, because school starts next week and the game is afoot, and research sort of gets lost in new classes and recruitment and whatever.

No comments: