Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's spelled "?"; stand up, you're sinking the boat; poke 'em if you've got 'em; used tournament for sale; or maybe the Nostrumdamuses?

In response to Bietz’s comment, “96 Tears” seems to be the default song on my Nano, for some reason. Press any wrong button, and that's the song that starts playing (I guess because of the artist name). The theme from some random James Bond film is top of my 5Gen random list. That one I can't suss out. I can’t imagine what will rule my iTouch, when I finally buy it (think Gen 2…). In any case, it’s nice when at least one person gets a semi-obscure reference. Then again, if you were smarter, etc.

And in Disney news, they’re shutting down It’s a Small World in Anaheim for refurb because it no longer is a small world, and fat people are getting stalled in the ride. I find this ridiculously amusing: http://calorielab.com/news/2007/10/29/small-world-ride-revamped-for-bigger-passengers/

So I created a folder for incoming Facebook notices, which are taking over my inbox. I figure I’ll look at them once a day, rather than every two seconds as they arrive. Next up? Figuring out the poke. Used to be, a poke was the insertion of machine code, back when I was programming my Apple II. Now it means a virtual prod, I guess. Whatever. According to my page, I can poke the guy in the office next to me at The Day Job. I can’t see the point of it, given that I can just walk over and head him on the head with a frying pan, but I do like the language.

Those wondering about the hell that is Bump will be pleased to note that we still have no rooms, and also someone else seems to have the cafeteria on Saturday. Do you sleep before your tournaments? Tomorrow night or Thursday morning I’ll post what I have so people can doublecheck their entries prior to fee-setting on Sunday.

I spent last night working on the cur for the next meeting or two, pulling up some technical how-to material. Plus it won’t hurt us to discuss some of the issues MB and co brought up in their podcast. I mean, I do perceive it as a podcast (but with a lot of dead air; there are editing tools out there, for pete’s sake). Speaking of which, I also got a new Nostrum up, finally. While the times have changed enormously with such things as LD content, other storylines seem positively prescient. Jules and the Mite were undoubtedly the Nostradamuses of forensics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out what I added to my "Favorite Books."