Monday, October 01, 2007

Every person comes out tired; post Pups post; stay tuned for further developments

Today, October 1, is, of course, the 25th anniversary of the (soft) opening of EPCOT. Do yourself a favor and surf some Disney sites to commemorate the day. And speaking of arbitrary numbers, this is Coachean post #667. This is relevant for those in the VCA who know the number of the beast. It is less relevant for those who only know his email address.

Yale is over. I’m working on a series of podcasts about it, but I hit a couple of glitches. First, I managed to screw up the XML last week. Don’t ask how, but it got totally fried. Fortunately, I did have the pre-screwed-up code at the office, and I managed to copy it, and tonight I’ll fix that. Then, I did some recording in New Haven, but it’s unlistenable, so, so much for that. In a day or two I should have this all sorted out, and there will be some podcasts up. I’ve gotten a little feedback on the tabbing, nothing horrible. We didn’t have anyone doublecheck the results, unfortunately, because it just seems totally unfeasible in the Pup environment, but I will try to have this done in the future. It can’t hurt to at least audit some of the rounds; after all, we do it at the high school tournaments. It’s those damned LPWs that get you every time! Also, O’C sent me some WTF noodling about the way speaker points were set up, and they probably should have been high-low instead of double high-low, but in the chimerical process of assigning speaker points, especially in the JV division where the tab table was actually yelling at some of the judges for their, shall we say, unique systems of point application (among other things), the more speaks you dropped, the better. For more on the judges, listen to the final Pup podcast when it’s released. Meanwhile, as soon as I’m perfect I’ll post the announcement on this site. If in fact you happen to be perfect, you can let me know, and I’ll be happy to announce that too. Anyhow, more on Yale in a day or two. These are busy times.

And Nov-Dec is plea bargaining. Which I think I voted for. But then again, in the new system, it’s hard to find a rez you didn’t vote for, at least in one slot. Spending v deficits is Nov PF; that’s a brain-stretcher for my Sailing Pfffters, so I like that.

As I said, busy times. And Yale was some serious sleep deprivation. I’ll be getting back to normal over the next few days. I trust you will do the same.

No comments: