Friday, October 12, 2007

He's killing the time

Big Jake is ready to go. All the strikes are in, all the data is entered, now all that is required is that the people show up and debate. With everything under control, I'm doing some work on the Cur while waiting to go get the Sailors, on a justice unit. I found it curious to discover last year that I never specifically harped on justice at any length, either as a unit or in the Hillary Duff, presumably believing that we would fall upon just thinking through serendipity, or perhaps by pin-balling through social contracts and rights and the like. Of course lately I've been intrigued by ideas of justice as an innate human sense, that we are born knowing a fair deal when we see one. Then again, I'm always intrigued by scientific ideas that underpin (or undermine) philosophical ideas. This may be why I'm the world's worst relativist. Until I understand string theory, and start existing on at least 17 conscious planes, I'll stick with the idea that real is real because it's dumb to think otherwise. To those who propose that we perhaps do not even exist, I can merely respond, Ya think? Jeesh. Gimme a break. If this ain't livin', I don't know what is.

I am so not cut out for these modern times. Thank God for post-contemporary philosophy, even if I did have to invent it myself.

No comments: