Monday, August 13, 2007

Reentry

Just a bit of catch-up for now. I’ve got too many other things to do to languish here for too long.

Moral Minds is a keeper. It’s also subject to cosmic sync, as I’ve now heard Hauser on This American Life, seen him referenced in reviews of The First Word, and, of course, found out that CLG’s beau studied with him. The next thing you know, Hauser will be moving into my house. What I especially find useful in the book is the material that gauges innate moral responses, which I can easily port over into the Cur for the Sailors. Frankly, I have sooooo many people whom I would push off the bridge in front of the trolley… The point for the Tars is to attempt to evaluate instinctive moral responses, if they can. Fun stuff.

I sort of like Twitter. It allows for brief entries that require little or no further explanation. Not that I’m against further explanations, as the VCA well knows, but sometimes you just want to state a fact and be done with it. Feel free to follow me directly, so that I can follow you. This may be the most Web 2 thing I do. Personally, I’m waiting for Web 5.3.7 before committing myself to anything.

There’s a new LD topic, Sept-Oct, due in a couple of days, and the Sept Pffft topic. That should send out a few fire brigades.

The vacation covered New Haven, Newport, Boston, L.L.Bean and Williamstown. I’ll have specifics to go into later, but for now I will report that the Pups will be radically different from previous iterations because of construction on 91 and the elimination of virtually every landmark I recall (all of them restaurants, of course). Oh, the horror. I think I’m down to a mere 4 Jolly Ts heading up to Pups because no one has stepped up to the plate to offer to drive, even though I’d put said driver into the Pffft pool, if they preferred it. Everyone apparently thinks someone else should drive, which is great except that when everyone feels that way, no one drives. Since the hotel is not within walking distance, we have no option other than cars. Then again, there is a game of judge chicken that people play, waiting till the last minute to volunteer when no one else has. This is annoying but there’s worse things in life. The problem is that I have to confirm with the hotel, drop rooms, etc., in a few days. I know that I will be going, no matter what, and I guess that’s all that matters. For the rest, it’s a lottery (which has already been chosen, 4 lucky souls riding with me, listening to my entire iPod on random select).

Anyhow, as I say, details to come. For now, I simply wanted to report that I am back in business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like we are all going to follow each other now. Sounds like the three stooges. When we were little you used to follow me all the time. One time you followed me into the girls room. Do you remember that?

Jim Menick said...

It is comments like the one above that make me wonder why I allow comments... What is this person talking about? And who is this person?