Thursday, August 30, 2007

Au revoir, VCA, maybe, for a few days

Very busy at the day job, getting ready for a conference in Prague. I'm leaving Saturday morning, returning Thursday. I've been meditating about elitism in art, reminding myself about the Fairness Doctrine, wondering about novice recruitment (next year's novices are always referred to as boneheads by last year's novices), concocting ways to annoy O'C, hoping I get in my Yale registration before I leave (although I can just email CP if necessary, I would imagine), putting off studying tabroom.com, charging all the necessary travel gear (iPod, Little Elvis's extra hunk of burnin' love, cellphone), remembering to bring chargers for the trip home, buying reading material, putting Moral Minds to rest (I've gotten a great Cur unit out of it), planning how to skip out of Big Jake before O'C starts the 24-hour award ceremony (the mentioning of which is, needless to say, corollary to the previously mentioned annoying O'C). celebrating a wedding anniversary tomorrow (mine), and, of course, et cetera. So, I may be quiet for a few days. Depends on how much time I get when I'm away, how bad my jet lag gets, and how painless the wireless connection is. If I don't post, please use the time productively. I recommend that you reread Moby-Dick. It's about this whale...

No comments: