Monday, October 03, 2005

A fairly big day, as my days go

First of all, the Newburgh tournament is cancelled. Cancelled, you say? Yes indeedy. Mostly due to budget and admin issues. They haven't been able to get their novices started yet, and they're just not up to it. In the long view of things, I doubt if it will affect their TOC bid, but this year that leaves one awfully big hold in the schedule. I'm going to see what I can do to patch it. With what, I don't know. But I've got an awfully lot of hungry brains to feed here, folks.

jimmenick.com is now up and running. Of course, if you go to the site, you see the IX Webhosting info at the moment. I'll move it in a day or two, as soon as I remember who they are and have log-ins bookmarked on all my machinery. So far I've moved on the sked and Bump.

Yale has come and gone. I don't know how well it came and went, but I'll find out soon enough. At least HoraceMan, the s sans s, and Nicole, my Liaisester (try to parse THAT one), both broke. I haven't heard yet about the speecho-Americans, but I haven't checked my mail since I asked about them.

As I type this I'm updating the Bump mailing list. As soon as that is done, the bloody thing is in the mail. Good riddance. Next step, trophies (I think). I'll check my instructions once the invite has gone out.

The MHL invite for Bronx and Montclair went out without too many bounces. I can't wait for the MHL to get going. For that matter, I can't wait for everything to get going. There are no meetings this week because of the holidays, so tonight it's Bump, tomorrow it's judge training, into which I will have to throw Pffft.

No comments: