Thursday, October 20, 2005

Getting ready for Montclair

I'm making a big move on the jimmenick.com stuff. I've got the MHL stuff mirrored, I've played around with this and that, I've adjusted the home page. For a while I thought I might steal this blog template, but I couldn't make heads nor tails of the code. I know 9 html commands and then I'm done. Of course, you can do a lot with 9 html commands. Hell, Charlemagne didn't have ANY html commands, and look how well he did.

I've written up an invite for Mini Bump. I'll get it out Sunday (my guess is that no one else is going to launch a tournament for that weekend between now and then, but if they do, let 'em!). Registration for the Montclair MHL is pretty thin on the ground. I even had to cancel Pffft—no critical mass. My guess is that we'll get that critical Pffft mass eventually. If not, then maybe it's a fair barometer of PF's chances in the world overall. I wonder how quickly LD got off the ground back in the day. Interesting question.

Smilin' J Baldwin sent me back the article yet another time. His email made it sound as if King Wunn of the Scots couldn't find enough ways to eviscerate it, but I didn't mind what they'd done and I okayed most of the suggestions. Being an editor makes one pretty docile as an editee. Maybe I'll post my original, if I can find it. (This will be my first article in Rostrum. I wonder if it will get any response from DDT?)

And I'm about to pay my NYSFL dues, but not without more than a little sturm und drang. In other words, if you understand German, stay tuned. We'll have a rootin' Teuton good time! Ja.

No comments: