Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I have no idea what's happening when

There seems to be no way I can coordinate the Coachean calendar with the Teamean calendar. These people simply never seem to go to school. I had this whole thing worked out for topic meetings and judge meetings and novice meetings, and it all went to hand in a hellbasket when Liz reminded me about Columbus Day. So I've sent out an update. Again. And updated the Yahoo Group calendar (which sends out automated reminders). Thank God there's only a couple hundred Jewish holidays to keep track of... I left next Wednesday open for upperclassmen who might be interested in visiting with the school board. I don't want to promote mutiny or anything, but if we can't go to the city, we're in a little trouble. Bronx can't host on 10/29, and substitutes Regis or Stuy are both in Manhattan, last time I looked. The effective place for the team to air its voice is at the board meeting. I'm sure they'll get a sympathetic hearing.

If I get a chance I'll launch Bump this pm. Depends on if I get involved reading a good book. I just need to move half a dozen addresses to my mailbox and we're golden.

I feel quite ready for the parent judge training. Last year I scaled it down a bit and eliminated the demo, which had a tendency to leave most parents in a state of nostrumian depression. Let them have the shock when they actually show up at a tournament.

Other than that, odds and ends: updating the student address list (I'll do that during Monti downtime), meditating on JA, counting the money from Yale (I never actually figured who paid and who didn't, which I will do, I assure you, before next week), entering the first MHL names (Yaa'aay!), talking to various random people on the phone who the NFL send to me for info (more than you'd expect, but I usually set them straight pretty quickly and convince them that starting ping pong teams ia a much better idea than forensics), that sort of thing. Oh, yeah, and I'm just about to register for the Home of the Albino Bagel.

No comments: