Friday, September 30, 2005

Meet (some of) the parents

Last night's turnout was okay, but not spectacular. Given that it's the only sit-down with the parents I get in a given year (unless they travel with us, which for obvious reasons is unlikely if they weren't at the meet-and-greet), I like to get as much info across to as many as possible. Dave wasn't there either; I guess he didn't realize that he should be. Wait'll next year! Anyhow, I trust that we'll pull in a seriously decent number for the judge training next week. After that, we're in the game.

Speaking of the judge training, I'm not sure if I mentioned throwing in Pffft (as if I know anything about it), but I will, since we'll have it at MHLs and parents are the likely candidates. I just invited Greeley to come too; they didn't last year because they claimed it was too soon in the year. Well, yes and no, given that the first op to judge is a week later!

I'm going to start using my new cell phone. That's my new resolution. It's even on now! I realized last night that the rules pdf has the old number, but then it's on AOL... So I decided the time has come to get off that old nag and find me a real host. I'm looking at IX Webhosting. Seems fine, highly rated, fairly cheap. Why not? If anyone has a better choice, let me know.

Meanwhile, the Nostrumite is in a state of permanent depression over his latest battle with his Assistant Principal. Apparently his school has some network filtering software and the policy team has been surfing "too many sites of dubious provenance." When the Mite agreed that naughty bits stuff was off-limits and that the offending spalpeens would be tarred and feathered, the AP said that it wasn't naughty bits, it was material deemed "politically undesirable." Well, you can imagine what happened then. In the shuffle in-school access to the TWHS blog was pulled, but I gather it will be coming back on line shortly. Although I can't imagine the AP & co would be all that happy with the blog if they actually read it. But I'm sure they don't. For that matter, I'm pretty sure *nobody* does, just like nobody reads this one. Except for that one kid who should be doing his bio homework (yeah, I mean you again, you blatherskite).

No comments: