Wednesday, July 04, 2012

A Harryhead selection

Harry Nilsson's BBC concert is posted over on YouTube one way or the other. As fans of Harry (Harryheads) know, he didn't perform that much live, more's the pity.

In these first two videos, you get Harry plain and simple, first on guitar, then on piano, with a couple of his signature numbers.





Ernie Kovacs fans will be pleased at this next one. So will "Coconut" fans. I tend to play this song almost every time I have my iPod plugged into a set of speakers and there's other people around who I'm positive are just waiting to hear it again. I hate to disappoint.



Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him?) is a great documentary on his rise and not so much his fall but his dissipation. There's not much to say about Harry Nilsson except that I love his work. I only started listening to him a couple of years ago, and now I do it all the time. Give him a try, and you might end up doing likewise.
.

No comments: