Friday, April 16, 2010

Winding down in numerous ways

Any pfffter doing the CatNat Boogie might wish to look at the comments on the TVFT blog. If there isn’t enough there to base cases, then you’re not thinking hard enough.

In preparation for a move at the DJ, I’ve taken down a lot of crap memorabilia in my office and boxed it up. All I have left to look at is a postcard of a Fra Angelico, a ’64 World’s Fair calendar (April is General Electric’s Progressland), a limited edition Cheshire Cat pin, an honorable mention ribbon from the NYCFL, two family photos circa 1984, and a Mid-Hudson League medal (V1.0). In many ways, this arcane assemblage is the story of my life, give or take a few key incidents. I just thought I’d point that out.

Speaking of packing up, I now need to pack down (which ought to be the opposite of packing up) the crap tools in my traveling tab bag. God knows what’s in there in addition to the obvious. I did retrieve the granola bars and put them in my golf bag, so I don’t have to worry about feeding the mice over the summer. But the thing is, at tournaments people give me stuff that I toss in there, and I forget I have it, and then April rolls around and I look and say, Oh, great, a coupon for an iPud for only $24.95, then, oh, pooh, it expired two months ago. If anything good turns up I’ll let you know. I think there’s a Sims game in there, for instance. I never got the hang of that one. Maybe some other stuff of note. We’ll see.

Tomorrow is the last Saturday morning on which I will be setting an alarm until September. If that doesn’t mark the end of the season, nothing does.

No comments: