Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wisconsin announces sale pricing: 99 tears, at a dollar a tear.

You will notice, in your research, that Sisyphus was a District Chair. I’m certain of it.

For a while, I thought the whole event might implode, given that no one has been responding to me about much of anything, except JV, who kept wondering about things like food and housing, not surprisingly, given that his school is hosting. Some people have finally Goyed up, but far from everyone. Begging people to do Congress is a bust so far. And apparently, if you Goy-tab your tournament, you still have to send in a mountain of paper, which is just plain idiotic. Let’s modernize and not modernize at the same time, that way nobody everybody will be happy. Then again, I have enough extra judges to run two or three district tournaments, and some Lincoln Life yabbo will be coming on Saturday morning to give away stuff. And speaking of giving away stuff, I just received a 2008 calendar from Rippin’, absolutely free, just in time for Spring. Oh joy, oh rapture. They tell me I can plan my year with it. Well, I can plan my year starting in March with it. My $99 annual dues in action.

Aaarrggh!

Who do I hate? I’ve voting for them for Chair next year. Then again, I get a random selection of Rippin’ mail at home, in a timely manner, and a random selection of Rippin’ mail at the school, which I get once a week, until the season ends, and then it piles up collecting Sailor dust until September. The ballots are in that school pile. I guess they know the evil plan I’m hatching. The cads!

Last night was a rather catchall Sailor meeting, covering all sorts of loose ends, including the assignment of the slots at Districts, which is sort of like assigning the deck chairs on the Flying Dutchman, given our commitment to the event. A couple of people would go to Las Vegas, though, given the opportunity. Remind me to give them a roll of quarters to play for me in the machines. Oh, wait. They’re minors. The best they can do is ride the roller coasters. Hell, you can do that better a lot closer and in less hellish desert heat. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas when you’re seventeen years old because it’s too boring to come back and tell anyone about. No one seems to realize this, though.

Meanwhile, in other news, you thought things were bleak when the Giants beat the Packers in the playoffs? In light of the recent retirement news, I dare you to say boo to RJT. I double dare you.

And finally, I have set forth my commitment to Caveman, beginning next week. I can see Termite shaking in his chair. He doesn’t seem to understand that lectures mean he doesn’t get to do any of the talking, that there’s no questions taken from the audience, that all the boring stuff emanates from the front of the room. The poor thing. He’ll learn. Meanwhile, he thinks that Foucault looks rather scary in the Caveman pix pdf, while the Old Baudleroo looks like everyone’s nutty uncle. Sounds about right to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was the calendar designed by the same artist who is responsible for the NFL's website?