Friday, March 07, 2008

Catholic food; Loquitor; Tanner v Tyler

So last night the various available CFL honchos gathered to break bread after the presetting of the Grands rounds. Sister regaled us with ribald stories that she made us swear never to repeat, while Catholic Charlie did not eat his vegetables and reminisced about housing at Hen Hud back when he was a Mount Vernon (New York suburb, not descendent of George Washington) Speecho-American tot and Bump had Speech divisions (them was the days), and JV and I plotted how to avoid CatNats in light of the ever decreasing Pfffft pool tomorrow, although it’s highly unlikely our teams would appreciate our sabotaging all their ballots, so we might end up hiding behind CP tabbing Dec while reading updates online of how RJT has stormed the Brett Favre battlements yelling “Say it isn’t so!” Beats actually listening to Dec…

Speaking of listening, I listened to the Loquitor podcasts, and I recommend them. This is good material to give people a grounding in what a resolution means in the real world (for those people who give a hoot about that particular aspect of the activity). Of course, they had a couple of neg guys, and they need an aff guy to tell us why hate crimes are good (or at least why enhancements are bad). Still, I hope they keep it up for the future. The interviewees were quality, and the recording was solid. Makes you wonder whatever happened to that old hour or so with Bietz. I guess he got too tied up in undesigning WTF.

To be honest, most of my time the last couple of days has been spent arguing with O’C over the most pressing issue of the hour, to wit, which one of us is Tanner, and which one of us is Tyler. No offense to Tanner and Tyler, who I really don’t know aside from looks, and they look about as alike as any two brothers, provided one of the brothers is Denzel Washington and the other is Brittany Spears. Maybe I should open it up to the audience at large. Which of us is Tanner, and which is Tyler? For that matter, of the real Tanner and Tyler, which of them is Denzel, and which of them is Brittany? Which I guess means which of O’C and I are Denzel and/or Brittany? Oh, what a tangled web we slog / when we merely wish to blog…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Joyce-Turner reference. Even though she wrote me up for cutting her study hall twice now.

Jon is definitley Tanner. And Tanner is Britney Spears. Which I guess makes Jon Ms. Britney Spears. Although, it's kinda hard to fathom Mr. Menick with long blond hair (Tyler)...oh well.

Anonymous said...

No judgments on the Tanner/Tyler front, considering that I really don't know either of them, but the Denzel/Britney argument is interesting.

We get constant updates on Menick's life (Britney), but both Cruz and Britney wish to revert to their original states as Disney princesses. I also can't see either one becoming a Harlem drug lord who rules the streets with an iron fist.

Who am I kidding? Of course I could see Cruz doing that. Britney nod goes to Menick.