Thursday, September 08, 2005

Canada is now safe from paganism

.
In other words, the Nostrumite has returned.

Odelie's missionary trip north has concluded, and the Mite and mate are back in Cambridge. "But wait!" the lad exclaims. "There's more."

There's always more.

He has apparently posted one last episode to TWHS, an action that sent him into a state of permanent depression because, as he says, "Phase One is over." What does that mean, I ask. Silly me. "Wait. Watch and learn," says he. End of message.

I hate when he does that. Usually the new Mite is much the same as the old Mite, but maybe he's gotten a haircut or found the Porky Pig necktie he had thought he had lost on his last trip to Malta to look up his colleagues among the Knights Templar. Whatever. Me, I'm much too busy to pay too much attention, so what happens, happens. We'll see.

And I do mean that I am busy. I can't believe the number of things I am now caught up on. The Cur is ready, at least for the first meeting. I've been meditating on Bump, The Neverending Story, and concluding that, oh well, if it's six prelims, it's six prelims, and probably tomorrow I'll finalize the invite. I did another draft of the Rostrum article. This is the one I'll probably post here early (but maybe not too early because it has a little proprietary Immigrant rez info on it). I've got tons of Intro to LD handouts for Tuesday. I've been reading an endless stream of Endorian cases: he's nothing if not prolific. I've had the best Japanese food EVER (in Nyack, though, which is so out of the way for us). Dario is definitely doing Ridge, and hosting the MHL, so that's updated. Whew. There's hardly time for my afternoon naps.

Morgan Aye's mother is, apparently, an immigration lawyer, and she's volunteered to help us out by coming to a meeting. I was thinking toward the end of September, but I'll have to figure out where we are in Cur and when it makes sense. We've done this in the past, most memorably with Kritter's dad (does anyone remember Kritter) who was a juvenile lawyer, when we were talking juvenile justice. You can learn a lot by talking to someone who actually knows something.

No comments: