Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm going to have to start driving safely

.
Why? Because school starts this week. Usually I drive dangerously, but when school's in session... Actually, I've always felt this is backwards. When kids are in school, they're pretty safe from my bad driving. It's summer, when they're out on the street playing kickball and dealing meth and generally goofing around when my driving is more likely to run them down. Oh well.

I roughed up the piece for Rostrum this morning. I'll polish it before posting it here.

I was just looking at the calendar and the signups. Stuff is beginning to loom, and I don't think people are all that aware how on top of us the season is. We'll have our inaugural meeting on Tuesday. I want to see some serious noviceage! Anyone going to Yale had better think about joining us at Tuesday's chez, since we won't discuss topic at the inaugural meeting, and they the Elis are practically upon us.

I've heard from a couple of folks who are interested in team positions. I've almost made up my mind, but I'm still open to any suggestions. If anyone really wants something, silence will not do them much good at this point.

I keep getting emails from O'C harping about the Vascar Races. I think I'm going to buy him a Rubik's cube to give him something to keep his hands and mind busy. He needs to work off the excess energy.

And speaking of the Vascar races, I've heard from Speedy, whose second year at Tulane will be spent, at least for the foreseeable future, at Vascar. The difference in how Po'keepsie and New Orleans have traditionally celebrated Mardi Gras is reason enough for him to plotz. Anyhow, he is available to judge for us, and I don't doubt that we will be able to take him up on the offer. Iko iko, and all that.

No comments: