Thursday, September 15, 2005

Strangers in the site

I get these strange comments to my posts here. Some of them were what has to be spam, so I installed a spam filter, but that just means that now the strange comments aren't spam. I can't imagine who reads this who might feel compelled to either write anonymously or pseudonymously. Whoever you are, isn't there anything to watch on TV?

Little Elvis will be happy tonight. He's already purring thanks to my giving in to widgets. I now love widgets. I don't know how I ever lived without widgets. I've even installed Konfabulator on my office machine (Jaguar) just to share the joy. But tonight there's more: Little E gets his own brand new mouse. Yes, a Mighty Mouse. I mean, I played with it in the store for about 2 seconds (while I was grappling over another purchase), and fell in love. I hope Little E will feel the same way about it. Actually, I'm sure he will. He and I definitely think alike.

I'm embarrassed to mention the other purchase. I succumbed. It's small. Black. Too sexy for my shirt—whatever. As soon as I arrive at a justification for this lapse of fiduciary responsibility, I'll let you know all about it.

The ticker at the Yahoo Hen Hud group has now marked 4 new members. I signed up a slew last night, but not everyone makes it from invitation to participation. Obtaining a Yahoo i.d. has sent more than one prospective Hen Hud forensician into the great abyss. But so far, so good. The Rocking Chair Killer was organizing a novice meeting today to get them off the schneid. Things are moving.

Last night I woke up screaming over the fact that the US is not a democracy and that democratic ideals are a bad thing. Pffft, here I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's an iPod nano, isn't it?