Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another ziti joke lost to the ages

There seems to be just too much to do in the small amount of time allotted to meetings. So last night I tried to organize them a little. Ms. Friedman tonight (the former Mrs A) then some tutti then some V/C and rights with the young 'uns. Maybe I'll learn another name or two. Then a slight chance of a chez tomorrow if people are desperate. Newbie parent night Thursday. Then next week rights in depth with the newbies and probably no oldies, then a student judging chez, then parent judging. Then, the week after that, the new topic tutti frutti.

Whew.

I straightened up the Cur a little bit too last night. The rights stuff was all spread out, and I put it back in one place. I talk so much about US that it's a nice fit with Sept-Oct. The novs will be in good shape. I always hope for the best of all possible Sept-Octs, one that allows us to get the newbies grounded well. Occasionally we get a real stinker that sets them back a couple of years, but at least not this time.

I sent Jason my Rostrum article. Had to cut about 500 words, mostly the jokes. Even JB was sorry to see the ziti line eliminated. He's a pretty good editor, and I just followed his lead. (Rule One if you're writing with an editor: Do what the editor tells you to do.) I'll post it here in a couple of weeks; that way, to paraphrase Casablanca, we'll always have Norway.

Not much else on other fronts. Organized all the paperwork for Yale last night (that's one expensive sucker). Started thinking about November tournaments. Planned my trip to London in February (actually, a very big deal, on which more later). And I'm beginning to think about deep-sixing the AOL account. Yeah, there's an oodle and a half of web stuff, but accessing AOL on my PC is like ----- (fill in the metaphor here yourself for some really slow thing). And since lips that touch AOL will never touch Little Elvis's...

No comments: