Monday, October 15, 2012

More links with little comment: Early Spielberg, boys' outfits, 2 kinds of people, the Beatles and the Bard, Pentatonix

More good stuff that speaks for itself:

  • Watch Steven Spielberg’s Debut: Two Films He Directed as a Teenager That about says it all. Remarkably unamateurish, for some reason.

  • I feel like I'm looking at something from another universe with this stuff: The Best Dressed Boys of 1930. Think knickerbockers will be coming back any time soon? Oh. Wait a minute. Now we call them below-the-knee shorts. I call them homey pants. Whatever.
  • There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. (That's a sign posted in the classroom where we hold debate meetings.) I say that in the spirit of the following clip collection.



  • I remember seeing this when it was made, and hadn't seen it since. Gotta love the interwebs for keeping everything alive forever.



  • Plenty of these guys' stuff is popular enough that you probably know them already. My take is that I love a cappella so much that I even like covers of songs I don't like. Then again, I like this original. So I'm posting this for the Boomers who also remember the original, and have no idea who Pentatonix is. (Are?)



No comments: