Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Do as we say, peasant; it's better than the Cauliflower Democrat; word games; an order of tin; yes, there really are musicians whose name starts w/ I

Somehow O’C got to be listed as spiritual adviser (or something like that) of UPenn. I’m jealous (not that I gave UPenn any advice, spiritual or otherwise). Of course, when you think about it, O’C and I are pretty big on telling people what we think they ought to do, whether they credit us or not. It would be better if everyone just naturally figured things out the way we would, but that just doesn’t happen. Considering that O’C and I disagree about a lot of things, for example, how many hours an award ceremony should run, it is remarkable that we agree on most substantive issues. Our agreement, that of a megalithic program and a pebble program, coming from totally different perspectives, tends to mean that our spiritual advice is pretty good. So if either of us ever wakes you up in the middle of the night and tells you to put more doughnuts in the judges’ lounge, this is advice that you should probably follow. Right after you call the police and report a break-in, that is.

Zack, the Banana Republican, is down at Drexel with either too much time on his hands or too much computer access. His contribution to the evaluation of whacking the innocent was to provide the assorted Sailors with a schema for whacking the various shades of the guilty. If he doesn’t watch out, he may get drafted. (I do like calling him the Banana Republican though. It has a certain ring to it…)

CP and I are finishing up our first game of Unscrabulous. The nutty point distribution almost renders the scoring moot (but I only say that because he beat the crap out of me), but mostly I like it (and its predecessor) because I like having games to turn to for a few minutes’ break now and then. HoraceMan’s attempt to pull me into the legit Scrabble app was a total bust; as I’ve said before, it simply doesn’t run. Anyone on my wavelength who wants an unscrab game, where points don’t matter much, can feel free to challenge me. (Maybe we can channel the Banana Republican’s energy/access surplus.)

CP is promising that maybe about the beginning of Sept tabroom.com will be ready for Bump. I need to make one last run through the invite before considering it ready for primetime. I’m also planning to put in my trophy order this weekend. And on the rest-of-the-tournaments front, I’ve put signup databases up for the Sailors for everything through Manchester.

And I’m up to the letter I in my iTunes cleanup. But I still have about a hundred or two albums to rip. This has become my life’s work. Why I ordered the DS version of Civilization eludes me completely. There are just not enough hours in the day.

No comments: