Thursday, July 19, 2007

If you've got nothing good to say, talk about WTF

So I gather that at the end of the final Harry Potter book, Harry graduates and goes off WTF to teach novice case-writing, which J. K. Rowling expects will warrant another series of seven books in a vaguely academic setting with strange instructors and all sorts of demonic goings-on that require arcane spells and incantations to figure out. The title of Volume One has already been posted on her website: Harry Potter and the Pomo from Hell. I wouldn’t be surprised.

You know it’s summer down time when all I can think of to talk about is WTF Camp.

Then there’s this which, by the time it had ended, had me absolutely speechless, and feeling an urgent need to avoid David Bowie at all costs (FYI, I already avoid Ms. Sarkisian at all costs, and always have).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of David Bowie, I am organizing a screening of Labyrinth at camp very soon. The George Lucas, Jim Henson, and David Bowie trifecta has never been equaled.

And speaking of George Lucas, you know you secretly love my Howard screening.

More adventure than humanly possible!