Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

First of all, because I just read it, an article on answer syndrome. If this isn't a debate affliction, I don't know what is Answer syndrome is the affliction of the hyper-educated, the detail-oriented, the obsessive, and the internet-saturated. It plagues people whose highly technical and specialized knowledge means that they often spend their days explaining things to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Over the weekend I heard various peeps out of the folks at CatNats. My favorite was the (it can't be true) assertion that they were charging people to use the judges' lounge. This is a revolutionary idea that I"m certain will soon be seen throughout the country. You can buy a full weekend pass, or a morning bagel pass, or a one-hour late-Saturday chip-crumbs-only pass (for half price)—I've been waiting for this for years.

Mostly I heard horror stories of people getting there and returning, although a couple of peeps from reliable sources that the event is what it always was, once the starting gun was fired (at about 4:00 am on Saturday, if memory serves). I couldn't get any info on our lone lorn Sailor entry until this morning, and I'm not quite sure how the diocese did as a whole, but I'm sure I'll find out eventually.

So how did I spend my weekend? Among other things, MIB3, the Japan Society art deco exhibit, walking by Japonica and checking in just to annoy Cruz, and when I did, getting a welcome message from himself as the mayor. Gimme a break. Being the mayor of a restaurant means, in a word, that you need to find somewhere else to eat. Not that it isn't good, because it is, but after a while one longs for spaghetti and meatballs or something, anything, that the people in the kitchen got up enough energy to actually cook.

Other than that, not much to say. Grinwout's will pick up again tomorrow, and there you are. Excelsior!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like the catholic church is back to using indulgences, except this time you buy them to stay in hell.

Anonymous said...

Nycfl had a finalist in ld semi in pf and policy and two finalists in speech I think

Anonymous said...

Explore these issues in a view from tab